These TED videos from the series Small Thing Big Idea are great for listening practice. They are also great practice for the TOEFL listening test.
Teachers: Students should watch these videos without stopping and then check for comprehension using the following questions.
Learners: Post your answers to the questions below!
- Have you ever jump roped?
- Do we know the origin of the jump rope?
- What changed that allowed women to jump rope?
- Have you ever heard of double dutch? Why did it become popular?
- How is double dutch important to music?
- Do you think the jump rope is an important symbol?